Google+ is yet another form of social networking project which allows you to connect and share with your friends and family. By default, your profile will appear in Google search results. This means everyone on the web can able to search or see your profile information through search engine. This may expose a risk to your personal information being leaked to everyone. If you don’t want your profile indexed by any search engine, you can change your profile settings at any time. To change the settings,
1) Sign into your Google+ profile.
2) Click on the profile tab located besides Google+ symbol.
3) Click Edit Profile on the right side.
4) On the About tab, click the ‘Search visibility’ option.
- Check the button to Help others find my profile in search results to make your profile visible in search.
- Uncheck Help others find my profile in search results if you don’t want search engines to index your profile.
5) Click Save button.
Unchecking the “Search visibility” box will prevent your profile from being indexed by most search engines. However, your profile will still remain visible to anyone with your profile URL. Change your Google+ settings immediately to hide your information being viewed by others on the web.