Facebook allows you to install different applications in your profile. These applications have access to your personal information like photo, username, friend list etc. Certain application accesses even more information like email address or birthday. You may use these applications for short period and then you never use them again. These applications may send regular emails to your email account which can flood your inbox unnecessarily. To remove unnecessary or unusable application,
1) Go to Account Settings from the account menu located at the top-right corner of your Facebook profile.
2) Click on Applications tab from the left menu. Or you can directly go to Application settings using this link.
3) Facebook will display all the authorized applications with last access time.
4) Click on cross button besides application name which you want to remove. A message box will appear asking for confirmation.
5) Click on Remove button from the message box.
6) If you remove any application, it will no longer have access to your data and be removed from your profile, bookmarks, and Apps Page.