Posted by TechGeek on August 18, 2011
People use the Picasa software to upload photos to Picasa Web Albums. Sometimes it is cumbersome to upload photos using software or when you use mobile devices. Imagine that someone has sent you a beautiful photo in an email and you want to upload it to your album. In order to do this, you will need to download that photo on your computer and then upload it through software which takes time and extra efforts. To overcome this, use email upload provide by Picasa to upload photos to Picasa Web Albums by sending them to a secret email address.
There are several ways to upload photos to Picasa Web Albums, but email upload is very quick method to upload your photos instantly. This is extremely helpful when you want to upload photos from your mobile. Just attach a photo to an email and send it to the secret email address. To use this feature, you will need to enable this from the Photo Settings of you Picasa Web Albums. To do this,
- Sign in to your account at http://picasaweb.google.com.
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner and choose Photos settings.
- On the General tab, in the “Upload photos by email” section, select the “Allow me to upload photos by email.” checkbox.
- Enter a secret word, 6-15 characters long. As you enter this word, a unique email address will appear.
- Click the Save changes button.
- To upload your photos, just attach them to an email message and send it to your new unique email address.