Posted by TechGeek on August 10, 2011
Most people on Facebook tired of getting applications invites from their friends. Sometimes, your friends invite you to join the new applications they think is cool. If it is rear request from your friend, you may want to try it out the suggested application but, it may hurt you when you see couple of new requests everyday from your same friend about different applications. It’s a bit odd to log on to Facebook and see flood of application requests from your friend. You can’t tell them not to send requests and remove them from your friend lists.
Also read: Hide your Facebook information from friends
If you are tired of this and want to avoid any future application requests without disconnecting from selected friends, Facebook can do it for you. To block,
1) If you receive any application request, just go to Privacy Preferences from Account menu of your Facebook page.
2) You will see Block Lists menu at the bottom of Privacy Preferences.
3) Click on Edit your lists of blocked people and apps.
4) Enter the name of friend under “Block app invites” menu.
5) Once you block app invites from someone, you’ll automatically ignore future app requests from that friend.
This way you can block all application requests from friends without deleting them from your list of friends. You can also block your friends from the Facebook page without having to open your privacy settings. To block invites from a specific friend, click the “Ignore All Invites From This Friend” link under your latest request.
In the future, if you see your friend becomes a serious and only sends useful application, you can unblock him/her from the same settings. Follow the same steps 1-3 and you will see list of blocked friends from whom you doesn’t want to get application invites. Select any one of your friend to unblock and your friend can then send requests for applications in the future.